When you want to lose weight, you wish that you will eat foods that not only contains a few calories but also delicious.
Sometimes, people are led to believe that the only way to truly lose weight is to eat dull and boring foods. In other words, you are only limited to eating foods that do not have so much flavor.
But, that is just a misconception and you should stop thinking about that. That is just a myth and you should start creating meals that are not only delicious but also healthy as well.
In this article, I want to share with you a recipe that I’ve found that is quick and easy to do. But before anything else, let me talk a little bit about the dish.
Today, we are going to cook the Turkey and Balsamic Onion Quesadillas. Turkey is one of America’s favorite meats because of its nutritional value. Plus, it is widely used especially during Thanksgiving.
This dish only contains 315 calories per serving and this recipe makes 4 of them. You can even store the other 3 for later consumption if you wish.
Now, without further ado, here are the ingredients that you will need in order to cook this Turkey and Balsamic Onion Quesadillas dish:
- 1 thinly sliced Small Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- (4) 10-inch whole wheat Tortillas
- 1 Cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Slices of Deli Turkey (smoked)
- Get a bowl and combine both the onion and the vinegar. Let the onions marinate for a good 5 minutes.
- Drain the vinegar from the onion but make sure to save the vinegar as it can be used in the future.
- Get a large non-stick pan or skillet and cook the tortillas over medium-high heat for 45 seconds per side.
- After cooking the tortillas, sprinkle the cheese on one side of the tortilla. You can occupy 1/4 of the entire Tortilla with cheese if you want.
- After sprinkling the tortilla with cheese, put the Turkey slices on top of the cheese.
- Lastly, put the balsamic onions on top of the turkey slices.
- Roll the tortilla up and gently flatten it with a spatula.
- Cook it in the non-stick skillet for about 2 minutes each side or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Slice the tortilla up in two and serve!
The recipe is amazingly good! It contains only 315 calories and it also contains a little bit of fat and carbs for your macronutrient requirement for the day.
Furthermore, this dish can be prepared and cooked in more or less 15 minutes, so there is no excuse when making this amazing recipe.
This dish can be eaten as a snack or a main meal as the Turkey and Balsamic Onion Quesadillas contains all of the nutrition you need in one sitting.
Now, why would you want to make this dish when you’re trying to lose weight? The answer is simple: this dish can fill you up for hours and this dish is absolutely delicious.